To add depth and ensure relevance, our specialists collaborate with institutions such as the Institute for Fiscal Studies in London, the Business School at Bilkent University in Turkey, various government institutions on different tiers of government, as well as the private sector.
The unit can assist clients with the following:
- Tax-related services
- Income tax (for individuals, companies, trusts, etc.)
- Value added tax
- Capital gains tax
- Secondary tax on companies (STC)
- Donations tax
- Estate duty and estate planning
- Administration of estates (insolvent and deceased)
- International taxation.
- Tax policy research
- Undertaking research on tax-related policies
- Training public officials responsible for tax policy throughout Africa
- Developing customised programmes on local government finances, including workshops and research on the design and administration of property taxes
- Guiding the interpretation of and compliance with tax legislation
- Tax modelling
- Tax modelling with macro and micro simulation, and computable general equilibrium (CGE) models
- Applied research in the focus area of Fiscal Finance.
For more information: